- Edit source
- View history
An Ice Wraith as it appears in The Elder Scrolls: Legends .
Ice Wraiths are swift elemental creatures of ice and snow. They are often found in cold, or mountainous, regions.
- 2.1 Second Era
- 2.2 Fourth Era
- 4 Appearances
- 5 References
By game [ ]
- Ice Wraith Teeth
- Ice Wraith Essence
- Ice Wraith Bane
- Ice Wraith (Online)
- Ice Wraith (Legends)
History [ ]
Ice Wraiths are believed to be elemental manifestations arising out of Nirn . They wield the power of their element, rather than using sorcery to manipulate it. 
Ice Wraiths are lucid creatures of magic, in a serpentine form. Their appearance matches the terrain of Skyrim, making them difficult to see, and nearly invisible. Many Nords are killed by the creatures, either by the disease known as Witbane which they carry, or by their strike which forces their entire body through their target. Stories exist of the creatures killing entire merchant expeditions. 
Despite the dangers of the Ice Wraith, the creatures are simple minded, with combat being straight forward. They can easily be beaten by using brute force and a sharp blade. If they are defeated, their teeth can be taken, which are a prized ingredient of decent value.  Another valuable enchanting ingredient held by the Ice Wraiths is White Ice. It can be used to keep diseases at bay, provoking and weakening an opponent, returning magicka, and enabling the user to cover ground at a faster rate, regardless of walking or running. 
Second Era [ ]
During the Second Era, the Old Holds of Skyrim held a tradition for the young men in their territory. These men go out for weeks into Skyrim's mountains in the winter, hunting the Ice Wraiths in order to claim their full status as citizens. 
Fourth Era [ ]
The practice of killing an Ice Wraith to attain citizenship appears to have survived into the Fourth Era, though not on the same scale as it did in the past. The killing of Ice Wraiths is now performed as an initiation rite.  The Nords of Skyrim have tested their mettle for ages by killing Ice Wraiths at Serpentstone Island , and Galmar Stone-Fist made use of this knowledge for the Stormcloak army. Foreign Imperials and Nords, as well as all other races who Galmar was unsure about, were sent out to the island to kill an Ice Wraith, supposedly to test the resolve and the abilities of these recruits, as well as to see if their heart was in support of the Stormcloak cause. 
Gallery [ ]
Appearances [ ]
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Orsinium
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
References [ ]
- ↑ The Wispmother
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Herbane's Bestiary: Ice Wraiths
- ↑ Ingredient Classification 12: Frost Elements
- ↑ Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition: Skyrim
- ↑ Dialogue with Marise Aravel
- ↑ Dialogue with Galmar Stone-Fist during " Joining the Stormcloaks "
- Elder Scrolls
- 1 Marriage (Skyrim)
- 2 Stones of Barenziah
- 3 Console Commands (Skyrim)
Skyrim:Ice Wraith Teeth
Ice Wraith Teeth are dropped by ice wraiths .
40 guaranteed samples can be found in 20 different locations. Locations with multiple samples are:
- 5 in the Hall of Attainment ( College of Winterhold )
- 5 in Jorrvaskr Living Quarters ( Whiterun )
- 4 in the White Hall ( Dawnstar )
- 3 in the Arch-Mage's Quarters ( College of Winterhold )
- 3 in Nightcaller Temple ( The Pale )
- 2 in the Hall of Countenance ( College of Winterhold )
- 2 in the Hall of the Vigilant ( The Pale )
- 2 in the Sleeping Giant Inn ( Riverwood )
- 2 in Thaumaturgist's Hut ( Morthal )
- 2 in Vlindrel Hall ( Markarth )
It is categorized as a rare ingredient, meaning that most apothecary merchants have a 21% chance of carrying 1-4 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found only in rare-type apothecary's satchels .
One sample of ice wraith teeth is always dropped by an ice wraith .
- 5 samples are needed for this quest.
Menu de navegação
- Ver código-fonte
- Criar uma conta
- Página Principal
- Artigos destacados
- Mudanças Recentes
- Página Aleatória
- Como contribuir
- Visualizar versão para celular
- Todos os Conteúdos
- Elder Scrolls Online
- Complementos Oficiais de Skyrim
- Knights of the Nine
- Shivering Isles
- Complementos Oficiais de Oblivion
- Complementos Oficiais de Morrowind
- TES Travels
- Portal Comunitário
- Sala de Chat
- Páginas Afluentes
- Alterações Relacionadas
- Carregar Ficheiro
- Páginas Especiais
- Versão para Impressão
- Ligação Permanente
- Informações da Página
- Citar esta página
- Esta página foi editada pela última vez à(s) 17h36min de 26 de janeiro de 2013.
- All content is available under the terms of the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License .
- Sobre a wiki UESPWiki
- Exoneração de responsabilidade
- Versão móvel
- Ice Wraith Teeth
Where to find Ice Wraith Teeth:
Ice Wraith Teeth are icy fangs dropped by Ice Wraith. Ice Wraiths can be found in the snowy parts of Skyrim, and also live in The Midden below the College of Winterhold. There are samples of Ice Wraith Teeth in Jorrvaskr in Whiterun as well as Hall of Attainment in the College of Winterhold.
Ideal ingredient matchers:
These are ingredients which have two or more effects in common with Ice Wraith Teeth:
- White Cap ( Fortify Heavy Armor , Weakness to Frost )
All effects of Ice Wraith Teeth, together with other ingredients that share the same effect:
Fortify Heavy Armor :
- Sabre Cat Tooth
- Slaughterfish Scales
- Thistle Branch
- Ash Creep Cluster
- Chaurus Eggs
- Crimson Nirnroot
- Luna Moth Wing
- Vampire Dust
Weakness to Fire :
- Bleeding Crown
- Burnt Spriggan Wood
- Frost Salts
- Juniper Berries
- Powdered Mammoth Tusk
Weakness to Frost :
- Abecean Longfin
- Ash Hopper Jelly
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox Series
- More Systems
How do I fix the Marise quest so it completes?
The elder scrolls v: skyrim, xbox 360 pc playstation 3 pc playstation 4, the elder scrolls v: skyrim (xbox 360).
- I’m in Riften and the meat vendor by the bee & barb Marise asked me to get 5 ice wraith teeth for her so I did handed it in and the quest tab said you have 0/5 ice wraith teeth. I read on some fandom page it said to drop them before handing them in and pick them all up individually so I did the numbers went up and it changed to “return to Marise” so I hand them in and the quest didn’t complete again and just said 0/5 ice wraith teeth even thou I handed them in and collected the reward. Having an incomplete quest on my list is going to drive me crazy can anyone please tell me how to fix this? DEADGEAR - 3 years ago - report
- I'll write it again as a separate answer so you get the notification. The solution written on the UESP to the bug you're experiencing is: "Collect 10 Ice Wraith Teeth instead so that once you turn in 5, the counter maxes out at 5 again (thus successfully completing the quest)." Sage5 ( Expert ) - 3 years ago - report 2 1
- Oh my apologies I thought that you thought I'd used a glitch or exploit in order to complete the quest and that's why I was having problems. I also remember reading something similar to that but collecting another 5 teeth ... well it's not something I really wanted to do for such a petty reward but if it will get the quest to clear then guess I'm going hunting/ shopping and thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this myself and my OCD tendencies thank you. Honestly having one incomplete quest ... well it would have haunted me lol. DEADGEAR - 3 years ago - report
- You got it right. I was mistaken the first time and thought you had used a glitch similar to the "free house" one (aka buy the house then stash the gold before it can be taken from you). I hadn't understood that your putting the Teeth in a barrel was an attempt to fix the bug. For the record: even if it had been the case, there would've been nothing wrong with abusing a bug. One just needs to know what they're doing and keep a save from before abusing it. Sage5 - 3 years ago - report
- You need to go back to a save prior to turning the quest in and complete the quest the legitimate way. Bugs are a double-edged sword. They can greatly improve or completely destroy your game. My suggestion is to always save before abusing a bug and keep that save until you're sure there are no side effects. Sage5 (Expert) - 3 years ago - report 1 4
- But I did complete the quest the legitimate way I collected 5 I've wraith teeth 3 I bought (didn't steal them) and the last 2 I got I hunted down around Windhelm. The first time I handed it in it didn't register as complete it just said collect 0/5 teeth so I loaded an older save same thing so I went online and checked out the Skyrim / elder scrolls fandom site where they have a couple fixes for precedent bugs in the game I tried everything they had to offer drop the teeth and pick them up one by one (the status change from collect teeth to return to Marise but again I handed them in she rewarded me but it still said collect 0/5 ice wraith teeth for Marise) I tried putting the teeth in a barrel and taking them back out one by one I tried leaving them in a barrel for 24 in game hours nothing I do seems to mark it as completed even thou I completed the quest as it was suppose to be done. DEADGEAR - 3 years ago - report
- Ah. So the quest reactived after you'd normally complete it. Got it. Just checked the UESP and the solution written there is: "Collect 10 Ice Wraith Teeth instead so that once you turn in 5, the counter maxes out at 5 again (thus successfully completing the quest)." Sage5 - 3 years ago - report
More Questions from This Game
- Will skyrim have a quest tracker like in Fallout/Fallout: NV? General X360 2 answers
- Main Quest X'd and Grayed out? Side Quest X360 1 answer
- Can anyone tell me how many quest and guild/clan there is in skyrim??? General PS3 3 answers
- What is the combination for the door for the family heirloom quest? Side Quest X360 1 answer
- Golden Claw Quest - Ring Puzzle - Help? D: Side Quest PS3 3 answers
- Skyrim Console Commands
- Ice Wraith Teeth
Ice Wraith Teeth Item ID
The item ID for Ice Wraith Teeth in Skyrim on Steam (PC / Mac) is:
To spawn this item in-game, open the console and type the following command:
player.AddItem 0003AD6A 1
To place this item in-front of your character, use the following console command:
Ice Wraith Teeth Information
Find below information about Ice Wraith Teeth in Skyrim.
- View history
Walkthrough [ | ]
Find five Ice Wraith Teeth for Marise Aravel in Riften . She uses the teeth for refrigeration of her wares.
Find 5 Ice Wraith Teeth for Marise [ | ]
The teeth can be collected anywhere there are Ice Wraiths or stolen from various locations including:
- Arch-Mage's Quarters at the College of Winterhold
- Hall of Attainment at the College of Winterhold
- Hall of Countenance at the College of Winterhold
Return to Marise [ | ]
Bring back the teeth and collect the reward.
- 1 Daedric Relic (quest)
- 2 Coral Dragon Claw
- 3 Darkness Returns (quest)
Skyrim: How To Make A Fortify Heavy Armor Potion
Players can use potions to raise the Dragonborn's Heavy Armor skill. Follow this guide for the necessary ingredients and where to find them in Skyrim.
Skyrim has entertained fans for a decade due to its large open world and mod support. New and returning players can always use a refresher on some of the mechanics. There is enough variety in skills that players can have very different subsequent playthroughs. One of these skills is Alchemy. Alchemy plays an important part in the world of Skyrim.
The Dragonborn's Alchemy skill is tied to crafting the wide array of potions featured in the game. Players that are looking to use Heavy Armor can create a Fortify Heavy Armor Potion. This will give a temporary boost to the Heavy Armor Skill and raise defense while wearing heavier armor sets. Follow this guide to learn how to make this valuable potion.
RELATED: 5 Skyrim Mods That Should Be Remade As Standalone Games
Fortify Heavy Armor Ingredients
Players will need to combine ingredients that have the Fortify Heavy Armor effect. Check with Alchemy stores in every town to see if they are available for purchase. All ingredients can be found in the world.
- Ice Wraith Teeth - This ingredient will drop from defeated Ice Wraiths. These icy enemies are in the snowy areas of Winterhold and The Reach. Multiple Ice Wraith Teeth can also be found in the Companions Guild Living Quarters in Whiterun.
- Sabre Cat Tooth - This ingredient can be looted off of defeated Sabre Cats. These enemies can be found at high elevations in The Pale and Winterhold areas. A few can be found in Drelas' Cottage south of Morthal.
- Slaughterfish Scales - Scales can be found on Slaughterfish in the water all over Skyrim. Four can be found in Vittoria Vici's House in Solitude. Six can be found at the Glenmoril Coven location during the Companions Guild quest line.
- Thistle Branch - Branches can be plucked off of Thistle Plants all around the pine forests of Skyrim. 41 can be found in and around Riverwood. 23 can be looted near Falkreath.
- White Cap - These are mushrooms found in caves all over Skyrim. 43 can be found in the Chillwind Cave south of Dragon Bridge. 34 can be found at the Frostflow Lighthouse to the west of Winterhold.
How to Make the Potion
Bring any combination of these ingredients to an alchemy table. They can be found at Alchemy vendors. Players can also buy one for their house. Combine two of these ingredients to make the Potion of Fortify Heavy Armor. Take note that the other effects of each ingredient will affect the final potion. This can lead to detrimental effects along with the Heavy Armor buff. Experiment with different combinations to craft the perfect potion.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition is available for PC, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One, and Series X|S.
MORE: Skyrim Could Hit Another Massive Milestone Before The Elder Scrolls 6 Launches
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Originally posted by Icecream man : I dont play with any mods this is a bug in the vinilla game.
Originally posted by Icecream man : ya my save list is about 12 saves but I didnt notice it untill many saves later and a save befor this quest was gone. the quest giver still has the quest complet dilalog and I got the loot for doing it the quest is just now stuck in the log. thx too the people that were helpful.
Report this post
- 1.1 Restorative Potions
- 1.2 Defense-Enhancing Potions
- 1.3 Rare Effects
- 1.4 Discovering Ingredient Effects
- 2.1 Attacking Health
- 2.2 Other Uses
- 3.1 Two-ingredient Multi-effect Potions
- 3.2.1 With Giant's Toe
- 3.2.2 Without Giant's Toe
- 3.3 Four-effect Potions
- 3.4 Four-effect Poisons
- 3.5 Five-effect Potions
- 3.6 The Five-effect Poison
- 3.7 Other Five-effect Potions
- 4.1 Potions Excluding Poisons
- 4.2 Poisons
- 5 Dragonborn Multi-effect Potions/Poisons
This article provides examples of useful potions you can create using the Alchemy skill.
Only a few single-effect potions are listed here. Any single effect can be obtained by combining two ingredients with the same effect listed on the Alchemy Effects page. The information provided here assumes that you don't have the Purity perk unless specified.
Useful Potions [ edit ]
Restorative potions [ edit ], defense-enhancing potions [ edit ], rare effects [ edit ].
The following effects are only available from a very small number of ingredients:
Discovering Ingredient Effects [ edit ]
See the tips section of the Alchemy page for a list of potions that can be brewed to discover all four effects of each ingredient in an efficient way.
Useful Poisons [ edit ]
Attacking health [ edit ], other uses [ edit ], multiple effect concoctions [ edit ], two-ingredient multi-effect potions [ edit ].
These ten potions and poisons require only two ingredients and produce three or more effects. The first seven only use ingredients that can be purchased from alchemy merchants and may be lucrative potions to create and sell:
Expensive Potions [ edit ]
These are the ten most profitable potions that can be brewed from ingredients that are sold by apothecary merchants. The profit is calculated by subtracting the base price of the ingredients from the value of the resulting potion with 100 Alchemy and no perks. The profit should be considered a relative measure, not an absolute amount. Potions made with Salmon Roe , Garlic , and Nordic Barnacle are also very valuable, but the ingredients are not sold by merchants.
With Giant's Toe [ edit ]
Without giant's toe [ edit ], four-effect potions [ edit ].
There are nineteen possible four-effect potions:
Four-effect Poisons [ edit ]
There are six possible four-effect poisons:
Five-effect Potions [ edit ]
The five-effect poison [ edit ].
There are two five-effect poisons:
Other Five-effect Potions [ edit ]
These four 'potions' have both positive and negative effects:
Purity Perk Potions [ edit ]
These are just a few of the useful potions that can be created only with the Purity perk (or Creation Club ingredients ).
Potions Excluding Poisons [ edit ]
These eleven potions can only be created with the Purity perk:
Poisons [ edit ]
These two poisons can only be created with the Purity perk:
Dragonborn Multi-effect Potions/Poisons [ edit ]
This poison can only be created with ingredients from the Dragonborn add-on .
- All Incomplete Pages
- Skyrim-Incomplete Pages
- Not logged in
- Create account
- How to Contribute
- Recent Changes
- Random Page
- View Mobile Site
- Android App
- All Content
- Elder Scrolls Online
- Call to Arms
- Featured Content
- Community Portal
- Admin Noticeboard
- Join Server
- X (Twitter)
- Hosted Wikis
- Starfield Wiki
- Oblivion CS Wiki
- Skyrim CK Wiki
- Fallout 3 GECK Wiki
- Fallout 4 CK Wiki
- What Links Here
- Related changes
- Special Pages
- Printable Version
- Permanent Link
- Page information
- Cite this page
- This page was last edited on 6 July 2023, at 21:00.
- All content is available under the terms of the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License .
- About UESPWiki
- Mobile view